January 23, 2009

Wii're getting Fit


I love my Wii Fit.  I no longer have to feel like a couch potato!  I've always had a hard time motivating myself to go to a gym, or even getting exercise out-of-doors, and the Wii has been the perfect tool for me.  It's not a super hard workout, but it gives me variety and gives me something to work towards.  Just tonight, I did the step (a simple version of step aerobics) where I just stepped up and down for 30 minutes while using small hand weights and watching regular TV.  It's that kind of simplicity that I think I can stick with.  Not to mention the fact that it is helping me with my sit-ups and push-ups, thus making it easier to reach my other fitness goals.  

On a side note, I've been trying really hard to watch what I eat and have tried to avoid eating after 7 or 8 o'clock.  I have done really well, with only a couple slip-ups in the last week.  I haven't really seen much physical progress, but I'm feeling better and stronger (especially in my arms from the push-ups) and that's reason enough for me to keep going.  Hopefully I'll be able to reach all of my goals by mid-April (my target time frame).  Brett and I are attempting to go six weeks without any sugar to help kick our addiction to it.  It's going to be a competition between the two of us.  :-)  Candy won't be hard to give up at all, but my weaknesses are always cookies, brownies, and things like that.  I will do it, though.  Competition is always a good motivator.

0 Happy Thoughts: