May 17, 2009

It's that time of year

Once I year, my hair situation really bothers me and gets me down. It really is once a year, I've noticed. This time around, I was actually able to go almost a whole year and a half before getting discouraged.

Within the last couple of weeks, I've noticed my eyelashes getting thinner. I thought it might be the typical "molting" that happens a few times a year and nothing to be too concerned about. Well, now that that "molting" is now a complete bald spot at the end of my right eye (and getting bigger by the day), I'm very discouraged. It's not an easy fix. Fake eyelashes suck. It has been hard enough dealing with the eyebrow situation, and don't get me started on the whole "wearing wigs since 2003" thing. My thoughts have gone from "At least I have my eyebrows and eyelashes. I can still pull off 'normal,'" to "I'm lucky I still have my eyelashes. At least you don't notice my fake eyebrows too much." But now, I don't know what to think. I just want my hair back! If even for just a little while.

I'm looking into treatments again for what feels like the one-millionth time. It's hard to know what to try 'cause I feel like I've tried all of them. I guess I should start at the beginning again, huh?

Also, please forgive this pity-party post. I just have to get this off my chest and I should be good for at least another year.


The last time I had hair.
If you look closely, though, you'll see that the road to baldness is already starting there in that little patch, smack-dab on the top of my head. My wedding pictures will forever be a reminder of what has now come to pass.


(I had turned the comments off because I didn't want anyone feeling like they had to try to make me feel better about this whole situation. Some of you sillies decided to leave those comments on other posts. You, sillies. Thank you for your sweet words, though, truly.) :-)

1 Happy Thoughts:

Sam and Danielle said...

Amber! Oh how my heart aches for you, you have no idea (well actually, you probably do). I am in awe that you have the courage to write about your hair. I love that you are so open. I am slowly getting there thanks to your inspiration. Anyway, you really look fantastic. We need to catch up about treatments, cosmetic junk, etc. I just started wearing wigs again in April, after having my hair return for a year and a half. SUCKY again... but I am grateful to have had it for just a short time, too. Thanks again for writing about your hair... it's good therapy for me.