November 23, 2009

Thanksgiving Preparations


I'm so excited for Thanksgiving this year. My sister and her little family are coming to visit! This will be the first time in a very long time that we will be able to celebrate Thanksgiving with family. I'm going all-out this year, even though there are only eight of us, and technically, only four of us will really be eating enough to make a dent in all of the dishes I'm preparing. That's not going to stop me, though! :-) I'm doing my grocery shopping today, and then I'll be making the necessary preparations the rest of the week. This is what our menu will look like:

Turkey
Mashed Potatoes and Gravy (made with homemade turkey stock)
Homemade Rolls
My mother-in-law's stuffing (my favorite!)
Yams with Pecan Struesel
Green Bean Casserole
Raspberry Pretzel Salad
Stuffed Mushrooms
Cranberry Sauce
Relish tray
Key Lime Pie
Chocolate Cream Pie
and finally...
Pumpkin Pie

I'm lucky that Brett likes to cook as much as I do, or this meal would be too much for me to take on myself.

If anyone feels like heading somewhere warm for Thanksgiving, we have more than enough food and space for everyone! :-)

5 Happy Thoughts:

Paige Hanna said...

I just went from excited to ecstatic! That all sounds sooooo good! Sorry we aren't getting there sooner so I could actually help prepare any of this. Actually, I'm not sorry, yours and Brett's cooking is far better than mine and Johnny's!

Jeni Allen said...

I think I need the recipe for the Raspberry Pretzel Salad! I think we need that too!

Cyd said...

I wish I could be there. :( & Buh!

Kristie said...

It all sounds so good. I'm sure you will post some pictures and tell us all about it. I was looking at the weather and noticed that it was going to be..I think it said in the 80's down there I thought of you and how you are going to have such a warm thanksgiving. In more ways then one.

Uptown Girl said...

Yay Amber- I'm thankful that i can read your blog from India (even tho I can't from work in NY!).
Happy Thanksgiving!
Love your beach photos- and your bro is a cutie!