April 17, 2011

Switching Places for a Day

Wow, this is a lot harder than I thought it would be. I sorta thought about trading places with myself, but ten years earlier. I then realized that if I changed anything, I might not end up where I am right now, sort of like the butterfly effect. I like where I am right now, so I definitely wouldn't change places with my 18-year-old self.

I thought about trading places with someone rich and famous just to see what that life would be like, but I wouldn't want to take the chance that I picked an "off" day and had to experience the negative sides of being "rich and famous." Of course, if I could spend their money and then take those things back to my real life, that would make the experience quite enjoyable. :-)

I thought about switching places with my baby nephew who is 4 months old. It would be interesting to experience what it was like to be a baby again, but then I remembered I would have to wear diapers, and that killed my interest on the spot.

This is going to sound silly, but I think I would ultimately enjoy switching places with a food critic for a day. I would hit up as many wonderful eateries as possible, not have to pay for anything, and then go back to my regular life without having to change much about myself. I would also get to skip out before I actually had to do any writing about what I actually ate.

In the words of the "chubby" sister in Ever After, "I'm just here for the food."

0 Happy Thoughts: