February 20, 2014

...There shall not so much as a hair of their heads be lost...

Last night, as we were having dinner as a family, the topic came up about being an eternal family and what that means.  Brett explained to the boys that because he and I were married in the temple, and as long as we live righteously, we can all live together again after this life.  The boys balked at the idea of them someday having wives of their own and being able to live with them for eternity, but they understood the idea.  When Brett explained that because of Christ's Atonement, we all would be resurrected when He comes again and that out bodies would be made whole again, the boys didn't quite grasp what that meant.  I mentioned that I would even have hair again.  Brady said, "Maybe... Maybe you'll have your hair again."  I reached for my scriptures and was able to show him where it says that even my hair will be restored when Christ comes again:

 (Alma 11:44)   44 Now, this restoration shall come to all, both old and young, both bond and free, both male and female, both the wicked and the righteous; and even there shall not so much as a hair of their heads be lost; but every thing shall be arestored to its perfect frame, as it is now, or in the body, and shall be brought and be arraigned before the bar of Christ the Son, and God the bFather, and the Holy Spirit, which is cone Eternal God, to be djudged according to their works, whether they be good or whether they be evil.

This section of the Book of Mormon is talking about the resurrection and when Christ comes to the earth again.  It is such a comfort to me - you have no idea how much of a comfort - to know that even something as silly as hair will be in its proper place in that time.  I guess if I can't have hair in this life, I can wait until the next.

0 Happy Thoughts: