February 16, 2009

Conflicted

Lately, I've been getting more and more excited about moving back to Colorado.  Everything just seems like it will be better there.  I have exactly two months left before I leave, and I'm practically counting down the days.  Sad thing is, I think I'm not living in the "now" as much as I should.  I don't know how to change my way of thinking.  How do I appreciate my surroundings AND look forward to moving?  

When we first got to Georgia, there seemed to be so many things I liked about it.  It was beautiful, Brett liked his job, and we were getting to watch our boys change every day.  Now it seems that all those great things are being overshadowed by all the things we have started to dislike about our current situation.  We are frustrated that our ward seemed to discard us because we're only here for a short amount of time; we are really bugged by the people down here and haven't seen any of that "southern hospitality" you hear so much about; we really miss our family and our previous living conditions.  We're trying to get out more on Brett's 3-day weekends in hopes that will give us some good memories of our time here.  So far, those things are few and far between.  I don't like the idea that my memories of Eli's "baby-hood" are mixed with unpleasant things.  I need to change my attitude quickly!  I'm so conflicted!        

0 Happy Thoughts: