October 26, 2009

Homemade Christmas Gifts

It's getting to be that time of year again: Time to think about what I'm going to get my kids for Christmas. I'm starting a little earlier this year because there are a few things that I want to make them, not just buy from a store.

These are a couple of things that I am thinking of making. I know my boys would love them!

A felt playhouse that drapes over the kitchen table:


Courtesy of homemade by jill.
She has photos of all four sides, along with some tutorials, and templates. This would be so much fun!


I also really want to make a quiet book for my boys. I know it would provide hours of fun, not to mention keep them occupied and quiet during church. I found this website that has some great tutorials for different pages.

Here's a sampling of the pages with tutorials:


Hopefully I can get started on these as soon as we're settled in Florida. They're definitely going to take me some time. Wish me luck!

1 Happy Thoughts:

Kristie said...

They look they would be so fun. I love the Quiet Book If only I could sew well lets say if only I had a sewing machine. GOOD LUCK with all of that. You will be busy for the next few months. Oh and good luck with the move too.