April 24, 2010

A Beautiful Sight

I'm not a huge basketball fan, but when my hometown team - the Utah Jazz - are playing, I never mind cuddling up on the couch next to Brett to watch the game. Last night was just such a night.


{source}

The Jazz were playing at home (it was an awesome game, by the way) and every time the game went to and from commercial, they showed views of Salt Lake City. It made me very, very homesick. I grew up 40 minutes south of the city, but I visited downtown SLC quite a bit. Whenever there are Jazz games on TV, the networks never hesitate to show one of my most favorite sights of the city: the Salt Lake Temple.


{source}

It's so beautiful! I've always thought so, but it wasn't until I moved far, far away that I realized how much I took the view for granted. I miss it so much! I'm not sure when I'll get to visit Utah again, so getting to see one of my most favorite places via a televised basketball game will just have to suffice!



{source)

To learn more about the purpose of LDS temples, go here.

2 Happy Thoughts:

Kristie said...

Granted you are a lot farther then I am. But I think the same thing I never thought that I would miss the MTN's like I do. When ever we drive back I LOVE seeing them. and I agree I love SLC and the Temple. I miss being Home too. "There's no place like home" So true. Sorry that you are so homesick. I know how that can be. I've been feeling the same way lately for some reason. But granted to get back to Utah it's only a 4hour drive for me. I wish I had something great to tell you that would make you feel better but I don't I'll I can say is Hang in there. At least you'll get to be closer to Paige soon. Wish I could do something for you :) XOXO

Paige Hanna said...

I forget how beautiful that is. It seriously looks like a castle in the second pic. I'm homesick too : ( But like Kristie said, you'll be closer to family soon!