July 5, 2010

Baskin Robbins...

When you were a child, did you ever feel limited by your state in life? I had an experience the other night that made me feel like I have finally arrived in the grown-up world. It's pretty silly, actually. Let me explain...

When I was little, my family would take rare trips to Baskin Robbins for ice cream cones. The four of us kids were only allowed 1-scoop cones, or on the VERY rare occasion, a 2-scooper. Mom and Dad were the only ones privileged to glory of the full-on ice cream sundae - extra toppings, whipped cream, nuts, cherry - the whole shebang.

So, the other night, as my little family of four took a trip to our local Baskin Robbins, I peered through the glass, trying to decide which flavor I wanted. I realized, "I can get TWO scoops if I want, AND I can get them in a sundae if I so desire!" And that's exactly what I did. I chose Jamocha Almond Fudge and Black Walnut topped with hot fudge, whipped cream, nuts, and a cherry.



I savored every bite as I watched my two little boys eat their 1-scoop cones. I guess it has come full circle. :-)

I am an adult, after all.

2 Happy Thoughts:

Paige Hanna said...

I get the same kind of satisfaction every time we get ice cream. I always ask Johnny for permission to get anything bigger than a one scoop though, out of habit.

Cyd said...

Ha ha for me it was differnt... " can we go to Baskin Robbins?!" Mom or dad- " no its too expensive, lets get shakes at Arctic Circle"... I just feel privileged when I can actually get ANYTHING from Baskin Robbins.