July 10, 2010

Summery Supper



I love all the fresh fruits and veggies that are available this time of year. One of my favorite go-to meals is sauteed veggies over egg noodles. I don't even really have a recipe for it, but if you would like to try it, here's what you'll need:

Tomatoes (1-2)
Zucchini (2-3)
Yellow/Summer Squash (2-3)
Butter and/or Olive Oil (1-2 tbsp)
Salt
Pepper
Mrs. Dash (optional, but that's what I always grew up using, so I still use it)
Egg Noodles
Parmesan Cheese (optional)

Cook egg noodles according to package directions. Chop and saute the squash and zucchini in butter/oil until tender. Dice tomatoes and add them to the squash mixture. I like the squash and zucchini to break down quite a bit, but still have the tomatoes fairly in-tact. Season to taste. Once the veggies are done, pile on top of egg noodles. Sprinkle with Parmesan. Devour.

1 Happy Thoughts:

Lauren said...

That looks and sounds delish! I love fresh veggies in the summer :)