January 7, 2011

Organization Day 2 - Computer Desk

(I'm a little behind the actual "21 Days" group, so there will be a few posts all at once until I'm officially caught up.)

Okay, so I don't have a computer desk. I don't even have a surface where I regularly keep my computer, unless you count my lap. I did what Toni suggested, and I looked around my house to find another surface that desperately needed to be organized. There was no question that it was myy shoe cabinet in the front entryway. It's a catch-all for just about anything.

Case in point:
messy surface1

I put everything in it's rightful place, despite being tempted to just shove it into the drawer right there. That would have totally undone everything I did in my last project, right?

This is what it looks like now:
clean surface

We'll see how long this lasts. My husband has yet to come home and that's where he dumps his keys/wallet/badge and whatever else is in his pockets. Let's hope we can keep it clean!

1 Happy Thoughts:

Paige Hanna said...

I think that is a pretty cabinet and little setup you've got in your entry. I want to do something similar and may have to just copy it exactly cause I think it looks so good!