February 7, 2011

Until Next Season...

You'll have to forgive me. I know this won't interest half of you, if even that many.
The 2010 NFL season has come to an end and so has my family's Fantasy Football Challenge. Yesterday's Green Bay win was a bit bittersweet for me... I was happy that the Packers won (Aaron Rodgers is my guy!), but that also meant that I lost in the "Family Challenge" (another cake in my face this year). Oh well. It was inevitable. Being last year's champion, I knew it would be next to impossible for a repeat win.

Past Years' results (with explanations as to what this whole "cake {or pie} in the face" stuff is about):
2009 Season: My big win!
2008 Season: I lost really, really bad

Screen shot 2011-02-07 at 8.58.48 AM
This year's final standings (of the regular season)... I was 6th overall, but 3rd within the family. (1, 4, 9, & 10 are the other family members). Uncle Ron was the big winner, so he gets to do the whole smashing and bashing of the cakes.

Screen shot 2011-02-07 at 8.56.54 AM
I had to root for my main guys in the Super Bowl!

Screen shot 2011-02-07 at 8.55.16 AM
We did a new thing this year... Whoever won the Gridiron Playoff Challenge gets to be out of the cake smashing. The winner doesn't get to put cake in anyone else's face, but they don't have to have one smashed in their own. My father-in-law and I were neck-and-neck during the entire Super Bowl! I thought for sure I would win. I probably would have if the Packers would have lost, but it just wasn't meant to be. Here's to another cake in my face!

I'm already looking forward to next season. August can't come soon enough!

0 Happy Thoughts: