April 29, 2011

What I have learned this month...

This has been a very full month with many eye-opening experiences. These are a few things I've learned:

Trust my body. If I feel like something isn't right, there could be a very good reason for that.
Over the last few months, I just haven't felt like myself. So many things just seemed "out of whack." I finally worked up the nerve to call my doctor and once we got some tests done, sure enough, I wasn't functioning normally. I discovered I was extremely anemic and might even have hypothyroidism. It's not surprising considering those kinds of things can accompany Alopecia, I just wish I wouldn't have waited so long to find this out. Now that I'm on the road to taking care of those things, I'm feeling a little bit better already, and I'm hopeful that I will continue feeling better and better. I'm also keeping my fingers crossed that it will improve the hair situation, too. :-)

I am so grateful for new friends. (And old ones, too!)
During my husband's time in the military, it has been difficult making friends. We have been so transient that we haven't really been able to make very many long-lasting friendships. Since we've been here in Maryland, and mostly within the last few months, we have built some great relationships with people and finally feel like we belong. It's a little bittersweet because the majority of the friends we've made are in the military too, so we know that at some point or another, someone is going to have to move away. We will definitely have to make the most of the time we have together.

It feels great to exercise again!
I haven't been very consistent when it comes to exercising, but lately I've been trying to do something a few times a week. I haven't seen much change, but I definitely feel good that I've at least pushed my body in new ways. I just got a gym membership and I'm looking forward to having that resource at my disposal whenever I want. I think I will finally be able to get in the sort of shape I've been wanting to for such a very long time, now.

Spring in Maryland is gorgeous!
I've mentioned this before, but I can't get over all of the flowers and blossoms everywhere. I just want to stop and photograph everything! I rarely have my camera on me, though.

I have a 5-year-old.
I have a 5-year-old! As I was registering him for kindergarten a couple of weeks ago, it really hit me that he's not going to be home with me all day, every day. As nice as it will be to have that little bit of a rest, I'm sure going to miss that little guy! I know his little brother will, too.

Twitter is boring.
I follow a few people, and a few people follow me, but only one of those people do I actually know personally. It's pretty lame and I'm thinking of getting rid of it altogether (again).

I need to take more photos.
I hate when I don't have photos to go with a post. I really need to change that.

I don't know what to write about once this 30-day blogging thing is over.
Any suggestions?

1 Happy Thoughts:

Dave Allbee said...

You could blog about me. I need to get my name out there because I'm having the hardest time finding a date! It's pathetic, I know...