February 8, 2013

As good a time as any...

IMG_2915

I keep telling myself I will start blogging again when something inspiring comes to mind, but since those instances seem to come and go rather frequently (much like the birds in the above photo), I figured why not just post something now.  It has been just over a year since my last post, and what a crazy year it was!  That's probably the main reason for my absence - too much going on and blogging was the least of my concerns.  Here's a mini breakdown of how 2012 went:

  • The boys and I moved to Utah.
  • Brett deployed to Djibouti at the beginning of January.
  • I spent the next several months missing Brett while trying to make the most of the time I had with my family and Brett's. 
  • Saw my old dermatologist and tried some new hair-growth treatments, but with no success. 
  • Brett got back at the end of June.
  • We moved back to Maryland.
  • I found out I was pregnant.
  • Both boys started school. (Yay for "me time!")
  • I was EXHAUSTED from being pregnant (thank goodness it didn't last past the first trimester).
  • Found out we were having our first baby girl!!
  • I turned the mighty 3-0. No big deal.
  • We had holiday after holiday just like the rest of the world, and then I finally got to relax after the new year.


Now I'm spending my time trying to gather the energy to keep my house in order and making every preparation I can for Baby Girl who is due to arrive April 1st (I'm really hoping she surprises me and comes a week early).  I don't have much to say these days, especially because "pregnancy brain" is in full swing and I'm lucky if I can remember to put pants on, let alone remember something witty and interesting to write about.  I have every intention of getting back into blogging, though.  If you have any suggestions of things I could write about, please shoot them my way! :-)




1 Happy Thoughts:

Erin said...

Yay for coming back! I'm always searching for new blog topics idease, too. I think it would be interesting to hear more about being a military wife. That is a perspective I have no experience with. I really admire women who have to be temporary single moms while their husbands are doing such important work for us all.