January 26, 2010

Relief Society Activity

Over the last couple of weeks, I've been planning a church activity for the ladies in my ward and tonight is the night it's going down. I'm new to the ward, and even newer to my calling and I'm really stressed about people enjoying themselves tonight. It's an "appreciation night" for the out-going Relief Society Presidency in my ward. We are having a pot-luck of finger foods, a game revolved around the four guests of honor, and then our new Relief Society President is going to say a few words. Sounds simple, doesn't it? Then why am I so stressed?

I am conducting the whole thing and I am very nervous about getting up in front of a room full of women I hardly know. This is the first activity put together by myself and the rest of the new Presidency, and I'm worried that if people don't think it's fun, it's going to set their opinion of us and any other activities we have in the future. Sad thing is, it really isn't my job to do these things. It's the Activities Committee and I'm just supposed to supervise. That's a whole other source of stress. Unfortunately, we don't have an Activities Committee yet, and so it fell on me to put this together.

I'm not complaining. I'm looking forward to being in this calling, really I am. I'm just a little scared and a little stressed and needed to get things off my chest a bit. My husband is sick of listening to me. :-)

1 Happy Thoughts:

Lauren said...

I'm sure it will be great! Just take a couple deep breaths before you have to speak and be confident. You'll have to let us know how it goes!