January 12, 2011

Organization Day 10 - Laundry Room

You would think that since I just organized the pantry last week, the entire laundry room would have been fairly easy. It was, in a way, but I didn't realize how much "stuff" I had just lying around in there. It was good to purge the space of junk and to put things away in their rightful spots elsewhere in the house.

Before:
DSC_0082

DSC_0083
I was in the middle of doing laundry, so that definitely added to the cluttered feeling of the room. Luckily it was easy to remedy.


After:
DSC_0084
I love having a clean dryer surface, minus the change box, of course.

DSC_0085
Ahhh.... So much better! I have to say, the laundry room is probably one of my favorite places to be when its clean like this. I'm addicted to the smell of laundry detergent, so whenever I set foot in here and smell that wonderful smell, I like to hang out. Maybe that's why I don't mind doing laundry so much (putting it away is another story, though.)

DSC_0086
I had a few not-often-used chemical-ish things that I wanted to keep out of reach of the kiddos, so I just placed them all in a bin so that I could keep everything together. I also found a basket that I could use for unmatched socks instead of an old USPS box that had been sitting on the dryer.

0 Happy Thoughts: