June 9, 2011

Total Breakthrough

IMG_0615

I've been waiting for this day. I didn't think it would ever come, but it actually did.

Dare I say, I actually enjoy running!

I've never been much of a runner. I only ever did it to stay in shape for sports, and even then, I tried to get away with as little as possible.

Last night I had a breakthrough, though. I had been itching to workout over the last few days and I wasn't going to let anything keep me from going to the gym. I'm so glad I went. I was doing my "Couch to 5k" stuff - running, then walking, then running some more - and when it got to my final walking interval, I just kept on running. It felt so good! Normally I would be dying by that last round of running, but I figured that since I was feeling good, why should I stop? I was hot and sweaty, but my legs just wanted to keep moving. It was a real milestone for me. 

I'm looking forward to my next trip to the gym. I think I'm just going to get on the treadmill and run, not worrying about any intervals, and seeing how long and how far I can just go.

1 Happy Thoughts:

Paige Hanna said...

I can't wait to get to the point where I actually enjoy it! I went running yesterday for the first time since high school and couldn't help but think "I hate this, I hate this, I hate this" but luckily I had Kristin Olsen telling me it would get easier! And now you are telling me it will get easier, yay!